Paige Russell

Welcome to my e-Portfolio!

"Music may achieve the highest of all mission: she may be a bond between nations, races, and states, who are strangers in many ways; she may unite what is disunited and bring peace to what is hostile."

-Dr. Max Bendiner

I am a graduate student from Virginia Tech currently pursuing my Master of Arts Degree in Education: Curriculum and Instruction and plan to graduate in May 2013. I graduated in May 2012 with my Bachelor of Arts in Music Education magna cum laude with a concentration in the Vocal/Choral arts.

I am originally from Virginia Beach and attended Ocean Lakes High School where I fostered my love for music. I was first introduced to the education field during an elementary school internship in my senior year of high school in which I shadowed a math teacher. Since then, I have had many opportunities for student teaching experience throughout my college career including Elementary General Music in Spring 2011, High School Choir in August 2012, and Middle School Choir in Spring 2013.

During my college career I also had many opportunities for performance experience including 3 years of Opera Workshop, a Junior Recital, a Senior Recital, and 4 years of advanced choir. In May 2012, I traveled and performed with the Chamber Singers of Virginia Tech in our choir tour of Italy. I have a great passion for singing and music, and I want to instill the same passion in my students.