It is important to continually assess and monitor each student's progress. Other than displaying a wide range of assessments I have used, this section shows the ways in which I have used my musical knowledge to teach and my reflections about this process. Four assessments are displayed below. The first is a written used for general music students who were learning how to play the piano. The second assessment is a visual checklist that can be completed without interrupting the flow of class. I have used the performance assessment rubric on several occasions during playing tests to inform students of their performance strengths and areas that need improvement. The clarinet sectional handout and corresponding worksheet were used to help clarinet students reach a deeper understanding of the reeds they rely on everyday. The following graphs represent the students' average scores before and after the lesson about reeds, and the individual scores.

The 6th grade curriculum plan is an example of the material I would incorporate into a beginning band class. The majority of the content was used during my student teaching in a middle school band program. Having an outline for each class makes detailed planning easier.

The next document is a budget project, in which I had $100,000 to spend. If I had to build a brand new band program, I would use this project as a guide. In addition, it lists repertoire, instruments, and other music necessities that are realistic to purchase for a middle or high school band program. My rationale/reflection at the end explains the decisions and sacrifices I had to make in order to purchase essential items for my students.

As a music teacher, I want all students to have the opportunity to experience professional ensemble concerts and have the chance to perform in a non-school setting. The travel project is a comlete and detailed booklet that I will use as a guide when planning any music trips. It includes the contact information for every destination, fundraising opportunities, a strict itinerary, cost breakdown, and other important information about the trip. The rationale explains why my chosen destination is a place that provides a variety of musical and educational experiences for band students.

During the semester, I recorded myself teaching as much as possible. I used this footage to reflect on my teaching and the ways in which I could become a better teacher for my students. I was forced to assess myself instead of my students, and it was a refreshing experience. The footage was turned into three separate collage videos that each focused on one topic. The topics were: communication, breathing, and conducting size. These areas were some of the most important aspects of my teaching that needed improvement. Below is my reflection about making the video collages and what I learned.