This section reflects my understanding of music content and a variety of instructional strategies. All students learn differently, and it is my job as a music educator to present material in way that meets the needs of all learners. The following lesson plan is from my first student internship experience. The kindergarten students were learning about high and low pitches. I started the lesson by telling a story using a high and low voice. Afterward, I moved the students to pitched instruments. This lesson demonstrates my early understanding of the importance of building on students' prior knowledge and using a variety of techniques to teach one concept.

All students have the ability to succeed in a music classroom. Sometimes, modifications and adaptations must be made in order to help students with disabilities succeed. The Special Needs Case Study helped me realize the importance of modifying and adapting lessons and activities in order to meet the abilities of all students.

The next lesson plan was modified for three students with disabilities. While the goal was the same for each student, different behavioral objectives and adaptations were necessary in order for each student to meet the goal. This specific lesson plan is modified for three students with very different disabilities. One student has been diagnosed with Asperger's, another student has a Slight Hearing Impairment, and the last student is Highly Gifted.

"Going Home" is an arrangement of Dvorak's "New World Symphony". I arranged this piece for 6th grade trumpet players who were struggling with range. This arrangement made it possible for students to experience a classical piece a professional orchestra might perform, while learning it on their own level. Students who were struggling with the higher notes could master the second line. In addition, the rhythms presented in this arrangement were helpful in reinforcing concepts recently learned in class. This is an example of how I strive to differentiate my instruction for all learners.

The following list is composed of useful websites I found helpful this semester. I used them to assist me with projects, teaching, and finding jobs. I plan on using all of these websites in the future.

Over the course of the semester, I recorded myself teaching and turned the videos into shorter collages. The collage below highlights the best and worst of my conducting. I was constantly working on improving my conducting, and it shows in the following video.