It is important to understand how each student learns and deals with assessment. Below you will find my reflection from my ninth week as an elementary music intern. In kindergarten, we were learning about high and low sounds. In fifth grade, we were putting instruments to a song we had previously learned. The reflection shows my early understanding of what works and what does not in elementary music classes.

The link below leads to my Teacher Work Sample Website. It includes assessments I used while student teaching at a high school. The assessments included are a rubric, checklist, and written test. The students were assessed using the written tests. The  results of their tests are included. A related arts presentation that was presented to my peers is also included.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/klund624/website/home.html

My "Assessment Reflection" shows my understanding of anxiety, importance of visual aides and assessment, and the significance of using pre and post tests.

I used the "Performance Assessment Rubric" to formally assess the playing ability of each student. At this point in the year, we had been focusing on using "awesome throat shapes", note accuracy, rhythm, and varied articulation. The rubric helped me accurately assess the performance of each student. It also helped me figure out areas that many students were struggling with, and we were able to address these during class.

This video is a sample of my conducting from this semester. My conducting greatly affects my students. They rely on my conducting for entrances, tempo, dynamics, articulations, and more. Because of this, I have to practice conducting and strive to improve so that the ensemble can succeed.