Welcome to my Professional

Music Education e-Portfolio! 

Originally from the small town of Madison, Virginia, I recently received a Masters of Arts in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, with an emphasis in K-12 Instrumental Music Education at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia.  

While at Virginia Tech, I had the opportunity to perform in many ensembles, including the Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Marching Virginians and Virginia Tech Drumline, New River Valley Symphony Orchestra, University Percussion and Marimba Ensembles, Campus Band and The Rosewood Quartet. During that time I was privileged to conduct members of the Symphonic Wind Ensemble, and the University Percussion and Marimba Ensembles.  I also served as President and Section Leader of the Symphonic Wind Ensemble, was privledged to perform at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and was a founding member, music director and music arranger of The Rosewood Quartet, an independent marimba quartet.  

I have worked with high school bands throughout Virginia and North Carolina as a percussion instructor, staff member and clinic instructor for Christiansburg High School, Blacksburg High School,  Glenvar High School, Nelson County High School and Carrboro High School (NC).  

For more information regarding my education and professional experiences, please see my resume.  resume052012.pdf

Above: The Virginia Tech Symphonic Wind Ensemble performing at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., April 18, 2011.

Below: Daniel Upton performing his final concert at Virginia Tech with The Rosewood Quartet, April 17, 2012.