Welcome to my Music Education e-Portfolio!

Although I moved often when I was younger and my father was in the Army, I now call Fairfax, Virginia home.  In the last five years, I have been able to say the same about Blacksburg.  During this time I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Music, and I am currently completing my Master’s degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in K-12 Choral Music Education at Virginia Tech. 

In my undergraduate years at Virginia Tech, I had the opportunity to perform in solo settings, as well as various ensembles.  I performed at Convocation for faculty and peers each semester and gave a solo recital my senior year.  I also sang with the Virginia Tech Women’s Chorale, Chamber Singers, and Opera Workshop. 

Through all five years at Virginia Tech, the most rewarding opportunity was being able to instruct students in elementary, middle, and high school.  Through two internships and student teaching, this program has allowed me to gain experience and knowledge in all levels of teaching music K-12. 

For more information on my experiences and education, please see my resume under the Professional Dispositions page.